In carrying out its duties, the Board is supported by two sub-committees, responsible for either carrying out a specifically delegated function of the Board or providing advice to the Board on areas requiring more in-depth and specialist analysis.
- Responsible for overseeing expenditure, presenting the Phone-paid Services Authority budget and monitoring core activities and performance
- Supervising long term and strategic financial planning and policy, the annual business plan and budget process and approval of management accounts
- Responsible for overseeing the Phone-paid Services Authority human resources strategy, agreeing substantive changes to employment policy and advising the Board on significant employment matters
- Overseeing policies, the remuneration strategy and review of organisational design issues and structure
- Responsible for scrutinising performance management data for all aspects of the Phone-paid Services Authority’s core activities including the KPI’s agreed with Ofcom.
- Responsible for evaluating the work and performance of the Committee and overseeing arrangements for the appointment of designated senior Executive posts.
Audit, Risk & Corporate Governance:
- Responsible for managing the internal and external audit processes, as well as dealing with matters relating to risk management within the Phone-paid Services Authority
- Responsible for considering the adequacy of internal financial control systems, security audit of IT systems and infrastructure, funding and collection arrangements of the levy
- Responsible for reviewing the business continuity and disaster recovery plans, insurance arrangements
- Responsible for reviewing the corporate governance arrangements and making recommendations to the Board
- Responsible for evaluating the work and performance of the Committee.