The Phone-paid Services Authority publishes its 2016/17 Annual Report
12 July 2017
Today we publish our 2016/17 Annual Report, which provides an overview of our work in the last financial year and includes our audited annual accounts.
The report outlines how we have sought to deliver our mission to protect consumers from harm and to further their interests through encouraging competition, innovation and growth in the market.
Highlights from the year include:
- Rebranded under a new name, new vision and mission making it clearer to consumers who we are and our role.
- Launched our 14th Code of Practice to ensure our investigation and adjudications processes are independent, transparent, fair and proportionate.
- Introduced additional rules for online competition and online adult services, helping to protect consumers and substantially reduce complaints.
- Reduced our budget by 11% despite handling over 30% more consumer contacts
- Awarded Investors in People Silver recognising the positive impact of our cultural shift work.
PSA’s 2016/17 Annual Report is available here.
Key stats for the financial year 2016/17 include:
- 437,000 enquiries dealt with, including 308,000 online number checks, 16,000 answered calls and 113,000 contacts handled via our Interactive Voice Response.
- 34,000 complaints handled online and over the phone, which led to 605 enforcement cases, 506 cases resolved informally and 99 involving formal enforcement actions.
- 26 Tribunals, £5 million in fines issued, 7 companies and individuals prohibited from the market.
- 1,561 pieces of compliance advice provided to the industry.
- 68% of stakeholders see us as an effective organisation.
- 87% of staff feel engaged.