About the Code of Practice
The Code of Practice sets out the rules and regulations for every company involved in providing phone-paid services in the UK. It focuses on six outcomes rather than detailed rules to provide clarity for consumers and industry alike. They are:
- Legality: that PRS services comply with the UK law
- Transparency and pricing: that consumers of PRS are clearly informed of all information likely to influence their decision to buy, including cost.
- Fairness: that consumers of PRS are treated fairly and equitably.
- Privacy: that PRS doesn't unreasonably invade consumers' privacy
- Avoidance of harm: that PRS services do not cause unreasonable offence or harm to consumers or the public
- Complaint handling: consumers should expect to have their complaints resolved swiftly and any refund is issued speedily.