New Industry Board Member sought
PhonepayPlus are looking for a new Industry Member to join the Board.
Industry Board Member
To reach agreement on strategic plans and policies to enable PhonepayPlus, and any of its subsidiaries, to discharge its current and future responsibilities through the Executive.
- Set and review the strategy and forward plans and policies for the organisation
- Formulate the code and ensure its effective application
- Attend and influence board meeting discussions in determining strategy, plans and policy
- Attend the spring and autumn Industry Forum, or other industry facing meetings from time to time
- As a director of PhonepayPlus exercise all necessary responsibilities under relevant UK company law
- Through board meetings, supervise the work of the chief executive of PhonepayPlus, who is accountable to the board for ensuring that the executive provides an effective and efficient service
- Play an active role in committees or ad hoc work groups that PhonepayPlus may create from time to time
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and awareness of key developments within the field of PRS and the wider micropayment market.
- Significant experience in a senior strategic thinking role
- reference for experience at board level
- Ability to make reasoned and sound judgements with integrity in a complex environment
- Independent minded, fair and impartial, with no conflicts of interest, particularly in relation to the PRS industry
- Significant business experience within fixed and mobile networks/premium rate and the wider micropayment market (and where no conflicts of interest exist).
- Understanding of public policy making in a consumer protection environment
- Ability to set aside personal views and preferences to look objectively at services and products to understand risks and the proportionate responses to these
- Possess the inter-personal skills necessary to make a full contribution to board discussions and decisions and to act as a public face of the organisation as necessary
- Strong intellectual and analytical capabilities
- Flexible in availability
For a full job description please click here.
For information on how to apply please click here.
The closing date for applications is 12pm, Monday 9th November 2015.