The PSA publishes research into customer care and complaint handling
Today we have published research into customer care and complaint handling across the phone-paid services market.
Futuresight, were commissioned to undertake the research, with the aim:
- to understand consumer experiences of customer care and complaint handling, and
- to draw conclusions from the consumer perspective that help us and the industry to improve the effectiveness of customer care and complaint handling.
The findings will be used to improve post-purchase experience for users of phone-paid services.
The findings show consumer experiences vary considerably by sector and show:
- Billshock is the main trigger for people to make a complaint.
- Around half of complainants report a satisfactory resolution to their complaint.
- For text donation and broadcast voting, complainants’ needed less effort to complain and success in resolving complaints tended to higher.
- In contrast, for premium SMS and operator billing, more effort was needed to complain and success in resolving complaints tended to be lower.