- Publication Date
- 11 March 2020
- Case Reference
- Adjudication by consent
- Adjudicated Party
- Interact2media Pte Ltd
- Service Type
- Competition and quizzes
- Tribunal's final assessment
- Very Serious
- 4.8.2 (a) Sanctions
4.8.3 (a) Sanctions
4.8.2 (b) Sanctions
4.8.3 (b) Sanctions
4.8.2 (c) Sanctions
4.8.3 (c) Sanctions
4.8.2 (e) Sanctions
4.8.3 (e) Sanctions
4.8.2 (i) Sanctions
4.8.3 (i) Sanctions
4.8.2 (d) Sanctions
4.8.3 (d) Sanctions
- Breaches raised
- Code 13 2.2.1 Transparency and Pricing
Code 14 2.2.1 Transparency and Pricing
Code 13 2.2.2 Transparency and Pricing
Code 14 2.2.2 Transparency and Pricing
Code 13 2.2.7 Rules relating to pricing
Code 14 2.2.7 Rules relating to pricing
Code 13 2.3.2 Fairness
Code 14 2.3.2 Fairness
This case concerned a fixed line, non-scratch card competition service called “Dial4Fun” operating on premium rate numbers (PRN(s)); 09117523698, 09115628671, 09115628679 and 09115620784 (the “Service”). It was charged at £1.10p per minute for PRN 09115628671 and 99p per minute for the other PRN(s), plus network access charges with a cap of £30 applied on it. The Service offered entry into a non-scratch card competition, where consumers called a PRN and answered multiple choice quiz questions.
The Level 2 provider in this case was Interact2media Pte Ltd (the “Level 2 provider”), who were based in Singapore and have been registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (the “PSA”) since the 3 September 2015.
Accordingly, the parties agreed that the following sanctions should be imposed:
- a requirement that the Level 2 provider remedy the breaches by ensuring that it has addressed issues around transparency, pricing, pricing prominence and misleading promotions.
- a requirement that the Level 2 provider seeks compliance advice from the PSA and implements it to the satisfaction of the PSA in respect of this service and any future services of this nature.
- a requirement that the Level 2 provider is barred access to the Service until compliance advice has been implemented to the satisfaction of the PSA.
- a requirement that the Level 2 provider refunds all consumers who claim a refund, for the full amount spent by them for the Service, save where there is good cause to believe that such claims are not valid, and provide evidence to the PSA that such refunds have been made.
Administrative charge: 100%
Interact2media Pte Ltd Consent Order Signed Settlement